BIAF2021 International Competition Selection Committee
KIM HyemiDirectorSouth Korea
- KIM HyemiDirectorSouth Korea
- KIM graduated from the Department of Fine Arts at Pusan National University and majored in Animation at the Korean Academy of Film Arts. Her animated short films include Iron Boy (2004), Private Beach (2007), Little King (2015), and Snap Shot Memory (2017). For Little King, she received the grand prize at the 2015 Indie-AniFest. Her first animated feature film, Climbing (2020), won two awards in the International Competition section at BIAF2020 and was invited to the Contrechamp section at the 2021 Annecy International Animation Film Festival.
JANG NariDirectorSouth Korea
- JANG NariDirectorSouth Korea
- JANG graduated with a BA (2012) and an MA (2016) in Animation from the Korea National University of Arts. She co-directed Twinkling (2011) and directed Home Sweet Home (2012) and My Father’s Room (2016), the latter of which won the Best Student Short Film Prize at BIAF2016. My Father’s Room also won awards at the Brussels Animation Film Festival and the World Festival of Animated Film Zagreb. Her animated short films include I’m Sorry I’m Pathetic (2017) and The Black Crocodile (2017), which was selected in the Korean Shorts section at BIAF2018. Her animated short film, Salvia at Nine (2020), won two awards at BIAF2020 and was invited to the Grand Competition-Short Film section at the 2021 Animafest Zagreb. She is now an adjunct professor at Daegu University.
RHEE SouewonProfessor & Film Critic South Korea
- RHEE SouewonProfessor & Film Critic South Korea
- RHEE worked as a World Cinema programmer in charge of selecting non-Asian films on the selection committee of the Busan International Film Festival for more than a decade. She served as a jury and panel member for the Locarno Film Festival, the Jerusalem Film Festival, the Malatya International Film Festival, the Francophonie Film Festival, and others. She is also a FIPRESCI film critic. She wrote Eternal Cities of Romance: A Mediterranean Travel through Films and translated Sensode Luchino Visconti-étude critique, Ballaciner, and A Short History of Cahiers Du Cinema.
Eugene KIMBIAF ProgrammerSouth Korea
- Eugene KIMBIAF ProgrammerSouth Korea
LEE EunhwaBIAF ProgrammerSouth Korea
- LEE EunhwaBIAF ProgrammerSouth Korea