Juries & Awards
BIAF2019 International Competition Selection Committee
Bryan Sungcheol KIMProducerSouth Korea
- Bryan Sungcheol KIMProducerSouth Korea
- Studied Digital Animation at Hongik Graduate School of Film and Digital Media. Produced many animations including animated feature film The Story of Mr. Sorry, The House, The Dearest, A Monster in the Reservoir and currently working on animated feature film Robo No. 99 and Battle Kite.
RHEE SouewonFilm CriticSouth Korea
- RHEE SouewonFilm CriticSouth Korea
- Professor at Chonnam National University and film critic. Served as the World Cinema Programmer responsible for non-Asian regions at the Busan International Film Festival Selection Committee for about 10 years. Participated as a jury member and panelist at Locarno International Film Festival, Jerusalem Film Festival, Malatya International Film Festival, Francophone International Film Festival. Works as a film critic affiliated to the International Federation of Film Critics(FIPRESCI) and wrote 「The City Where a Day’s Romance Lasted Forever: Mediterranean Journey Through Film」 and translated 「Senso」, 「Ballaciner」, 「Cahiers du Cinéma: Opening the Path for Film Criticism.
JANG SeungwookDirectorSouth Korea
- JANG SeungwookDirectorSouth Korea
- Graduated Kaywon University of Art and Design. Tube Angel(2007) won the Korea Local Participation Award at TBS Digicon6, and Best Short Film (Net Section) at the Seoul International Film Festival. Eating(2010) showcased at the Ottawa International Animation Festival, Participation Award at the Seoul Animation Awards, Prize for Independent Walk at the Indie-AniFest. The Angler(2018) won Jury Prize for Korean Competition at the Bucheon International Animation Film Festival, Korean Local Next Generation Award at Digicon6. Currently working on various video production and as an illustration artist.
YUN Hye jiBIAF Guest ProgrammerSouth Korea
- YUN Hye jiBIAF Guest ProgrammerSouth Korea
Eugene KIMBIAF Program DirectorSouth Korea
- Eugene KIMBIAF Program DirectorSouth Korea