BIAF2020 International Competition Selection Committee
KIM MyungeunDirectorSouth Korea
- KIM MyungeunDirectorSouth Korea
- Colors in the Subway (2015), which was selected for the Short Film Competition at the 17th Bucheon International Animation Festival (BIAF2015), has been screened at domestic and foreign film festivals in France, Italy, Switzerland and Hong Kong. At the 2016 Olympia International Film Festival, it won Best Animation Film. The First Class (2019) won Best Animated Short Film for the AXIS: Satoshi Kon Award for Excellence in Animation at the 2019 Fantasia International Film Festival in Canada. It also won the Short Film Special Award at the 21st Bucheon International Animation Festival (BIAF2019).
PARK SehongDirectorSouth Korea
- PARK SehongDirectorSouth Korea
- While making puppets and framework used for stop motion animation, PARK participated in various TV series, shorts and commercials such as the Samsung Electronics advertisement Janggi, as well as Honeymoon, and Science Animation WHY? Currently, PARK runs an ‘active puppet workshop’ and works on puppet animation. Following his first short Monster Picture (2018), PARK’s second short No Dragon Village (2019) was selected for Short Film pre-production support for BIAF2018 and was screened in the BIAF2019 Korean Short Film Competition.
YEO Eun ADirectorSouth Korea
- YEO Eun ADirectorSouth Korea
- YEO Eun A studied animation directing and feature animation at the Korean Academy of Film Arts. Her short film Cocoon (2015) was screened in the Graduation Film Competition at the 30th Annecy International Animated Film Festival and won the Grand Prize in the Graduation Film section at BIAF2017. YEO’s first feature animation film, Motel Rose (2018), was selected for the Feature Film Competition at BIAF2018 and was screened at the Belgian Korean Film Festival. In 2019, YEO directed the web animation Midnight Horror Cinema.
RHEE SouewonFilm CriticSouth Korea
- RHEE SouewonFilm CriticSouth Korea
- RHEE served for 10 years as a world film programmer in charge of non-Asian selection at the Busan International Film Festival Selection Committee. She has participated as a judge and panel member for events including the Locarno International Film Festival and the Festival Du Film De La Francophonie. RHEE is a film critic affiliated with the International Federation of Film Critics (FIPRESCI). She is author of the book The City Where One Day’s Romance Becomes Eternal: Traveling to the Mediterranean Sea Through Film, and has translated books including Senso, Ballaciner, Cahiers Du Cinema: Opening the Path to Film Criticism.
Eugene KIMBIAF ProgrammerSouth Korea
- Eugene KIMBIAF ProgrammerSouth Korea
LEE EunhwaBIAF ProgrammerSouth Korea
- LEE EunhwaBIAF ProgrammerSouth Korea